Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 21

Thread: Some assembly required .......

  1. #1
    Inactive Member RacerXX's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 16th, 2006
    Posts
    97
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post


  2. #2
    Senior Hostboard Member bowtie427ss's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 24th, 2006
    Location
    Rural NY
    Posts
    3,901
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    26 Post(s)

    Post

    FWIW, if anyone were planning to build their own 825/828 boxes, it'd be worth working with this seller just to buy and ship the horn flares, even just to have as patterns, tho i'd be tempted to reinforce and use them.

    Having built a few, i'm here to tell ya they're the most difficult part of those boxes to get "right", thank god for construction adhesive. forums

  3. #3
    Senior Hostboard Member Audio_by_Goodwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 9th, 2004
    Location
    West Michigan
    Posts
    2,157
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I saw that, too. His $400 BIN is crazy.

  4. #4
    Inactive Member bfish's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 1st, 2004
    Posts
    2,891
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    The pictured pooch appears to be pondering the possibilty of preparing a pooch palace (with provisions primarily for poodles).

    forums

  5. #5
    Senior Hostboard Member
    Some assembly required .......


    Old Guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 23rd, 2003
    Posts
    6,359
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    62 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by Audio_by_Goodwill:
    I saw that, too. His $400 BIN is crazy.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Agreed. But he doesn't have a reserve- they will sell for the lowest bid. BIN goes away at 99 cents.

  6. #6
    Senior Hostboard Member Audio_by_Goodwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 9th, 2004
    Location
    West Michigan
    Posts
    2,157
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by Old Guy:
    </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Audio_by_Goodwill:
    I saw that, too. His $400 BIN is crazy.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Agreed. But he doesn't have a reserve- they will sell for the lowest bid. BIN goes away at 99 cents.</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I know, but the wishful thinking, on the part of the seller, always gets me.

  7. #7
    Senior Hostboard Member Audio_by_Goodwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 9th, 2004
    Location
    West Michigan
    Posts
    2,157
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by Russnohio:
    I'm just wondering how he got them apart without destroying the pieces mating edges. I mean...did'nt Altec glue these things together with screws?
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Gluing together with screws? I would think Altec probably glued them together with glue :-)

  8. #8
    Senior Hostboard Member Russnohio's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 8th, 2007
    Posts
    215
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    My meaning was glued together in addition to the use of screws. forums I guess obviously in this case..ONLY screws were used.

    Russ

  9. #9
    Inactive Member similost's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 31st, 2007
    Posts
    17
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by bowtie427ss:
    FWIW, if anyone were planning to build their own 825/828 boxes, it'd be worth working with this seller just to buy and ship the horn flares, even just to have as patterns, tho i'd be tempted to reinforce and use them.

    Having built a few, i'm here to tell ya they're the most difficult part of those boxes to get "right", thank god for construction adhesive. forums
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I had the same thought abut the flares when I had seen the ad. I know there is a company out there selling flairs but I was thinking it would be better to see one of the originals to figure out how they were made originally.

  10. #10
    Senior Hostboard Member Audio_by_Goodwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 9th, 2004
    Location
    West Michigan
    Posts
    2,157
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by Russnohio:
    My meaning was glued together in addition to the use of screws. forums I guess obviously in this case..ONLY screws were used.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Oh, I know that's what you meant, but it's not what you said, and I felt it was my duty to make fun of...err I mean bring it yo your attention. :-)

    I'm betting those cabinet were glued, but the glue may not have been holding all that well, after so many years. It's also possible that they didn't come apart as nicely, as we think..... I'm not looking at the pictures now, but I don't think we were given any close up shots of the former joints.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This forum has been viewed: 28131802 times.